Many who believe in Jesus do not live out their personal responsibility to God to walk in a manner worthy of their calling. Many “appear” to have not been called. Many are not interested in being called.
A Christian is called. To be a disciple of Jesus means He has called you, and you have chosen to follow Him.
In 1 Corinthians 12, we are told that as a follower of Jesus we are part of the body of Christ. Each one is a specific part of the body, placed in the body as God desires.
We are called. With that calling is a responsibility to walk in a manner worthy of our calling.
Worthy means to be righteous, good, moral, ethical, upright, exemplary, blameless, honest, noble, pure, surrendered … true disciples of Jesus pursuing a life of transformation to become like Jesus.
Search your heart prayerfully before God. Ask yourself the following questions while in prayer with God:
- When Jesus called you — did you answer?
- Did you choose to follow Him and answer His call?
- What is your calling?
- What are your responsibilities before God in order to walk in a manner that is worthy of your calling?
- What are the distractions in your life that take time away from obeying the call of God?
- What sins are in your life that you need to repent of and turn away from so that you will be worthy of your calling?
- Have you 100% surrendered to the call of God on your life?
- Is there anything that you are holding on to that stops you from answering God’s call?
- When you die (or when Jesus returns), will you hear the words, “Well done my good and faithful servant.” Will you know in your heart that you endeavoured to answer God’s call to the best of your ability and lived your life in a way that was worthy of your calling?
“For many are called, but few are chosen.” (Matthew 22:14 NASB)
Only you can answer these questions before God. Take time to seek the Lord. Ask the Holy Spirit to shine a light in your heart and show you where you are really at in answering the call of God on your life.
We only have one life to live. Only what we do for God will last beyond this earthly realm. What is most important for you in this life – the calling of God or your own will and way?
God is calling you! What will your answer be AND will you walk worthy of that calling?